Depression (major depressive disorder) is a common, serious and treatable illness. Individual counseling with adults struggling with anxiety and depression is a mainstay of our practice and accounts for approximately a quarter of our work in a given week. Most adults we see individually are struggling with some form of anxiety or depression resulting from a change in life whether at work, in physical health, or in the family.
Depression symptoms can range from mild to severe.
- Feeling sad or having a depressed mood
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities once enjoyed
- Changes in appetite — weight loss or gain unrelated to dieting
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much
- Loss of energy or increased fatigue
- Increase in purposeless physical activity (e.g., inability to sit still, pacing, handwringing) or slowed movements or speech (these actions must be severe enough to be observable by others)
- Feeling worthless or guilty
- Difficulty thinking, concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
If you are seeking effective counseling from a genuine and focused professional, please call us at 574-280-8199 or email us at [email protected].